Page Translator

Sunday, 1 February 2009

The New Family Search Pilot Site

Have you visited the new exciting Family Search pilot website yet? This is run by the LDS (Church of Latter Day Saints aka the Mormons) They have started a pilot program for their new search feature which includes free to view scans of census records, vital records and much more. This looks to be a great site in the making. You should check it out and I will let you know when it gets integrated as the new search function for the site.

Visit the FAMILY SEARCH PILOT SITE

Whats available: THE COLLECTIONS (also shows whether original images are available)

The Family Tree Magazine has a great introduction and more details and I have also posted a great video by Robert Ragan at Treasure Maps Genealogy which will give you a better idea of what it's about and how to use it. Make sure you give Robert a visit, his site has lots of good stuff.

If you would like to view full screen click on the button at the bottom, second from the right

2 comments:

Mom's Cafe Home Cooking said...

Hi, I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy visiting your blog. I've been doing genealogy and family history for several years so am always appreciative when I find an online resource such as your.

I have nominated you for an award because your blog shows both attitude and gratidude. It is well designed and informative. You can pick-up your award at http://momskitchencooking.blogspot.com on February 15th post.

Sandy said...

I've found quite a few errors with regard to LDS records and hope people know to try multiple places for information.

I think the best on line information is still ancestry, though the memberships are getting quite expensive. One can access their records at most libraries. Plus rootsweb information is also good.

Small county libraries, and gen. societies are always a gold mine.

I don't get to do genealogy as much as I used to, due to my work schedule and the hours have been cut drastically here at the libraries.

Such a fun hobby.
Sandy
Blog walking, please stop in for a visit, welcome mats always out.

I have a blogger blog regarding travel you might enjoy as well.
http://travelingsuitecase.blogspot.com/